You know., it's a little bit crazy. How often we aren't on the same page as other people. And I'd say a big part of the time.. maybe even 63%... it's frustrating. And I think today I might say that it's frustrating. To not be on the same page as most people in my life. Just today.
But what if we were always on the same page as everyone all the time? The world would be a more peaceful place. Potentially. There would be rainbows and symphonies (if that's your thing) all the time. Maybe even unicorns (again.. if that's your thing).
But my goodness. Think about how boring that would be. If you just knew what everyone was thinking and feeling all the time. Exactly what they thought about whatever situation you were in. And you knew what they thought about whatever situation they were in. And ditto to any situation two people were in together. You'd know what the other one thought without discussion. What would happen to wondering? I mean.. sometimes it's annoying. Having to wonder all the time what another person might be thinking because they don't want to tell you for whatever reason. They don't want to hurt you. They're embarrassed They think you'd completely disagree. Yada yada. But when you're dealing with people who aren't 100% stubborn... wondering can be quite okay.
And think about conversation. It would be completely dead if we all always thought the same things. Because there would be no need to discuss anything. And there is so much beauty to conversation. At least I think so.
And what would happen to relationships? Because [for me anyways] such a big part of relationships comes from wondering and conversation and agreeing and disagreeing. And finding people who can clarify beautifully exactly what they were wondering about in a way that makes you understand so clearly. And finding people who you can have conversations with for hours. About what you wondered about years ago and what you're wondering about right now.
So basically. I'd be lost. I wouldn't have a clue to who I would get along with because if we 'click' everyone .. I think we might as well not 'click' with anyone at all.
I think you get the point.
In other news. I made these pillows this week. I don't mean to brag. But I'm going to. I'm pretty proud. And. It sure kept me busy. So that was fun. Now I'm on a sewing kick. Again. We'll see what else I can whip up.
1. I need to skype Nikweeta. It's an absolute must. I can't stand being away from her. It just plain stinks.
2. Gilly and Blake are coming in less than a month. I could not be more excited Well. I could. But only if I could like.. get a kiss from Josh Duhamel or something like that. So. I'm pretty pumped. Also, I'm training my parents to not lick their fingers so Gilly won't be grossed out. But. Dad says we're gonna hide the silverware when she's here so she can get over her fear.
3. Perks Of Being A Wallflower was super good. It has quite a few thought provoking quotes. My favorite: "We accept the love we think we deserve." Shoot. Just think about that. It makes a lot of sense when you think about how some people end up with 'awful' people. And we don't really understand why they let their lives go on that way. Well. I suppose that could have a lot to do with it.
4. I miss Ens Martins. And being her roommate. And rapping to all the ridiculous songs and watching Wifeswap for hours on end. Those were the good ol days.
5. I'm super excited for our family Canada trip. It's a ways away.. But it couldn't come sooner.
"So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be."