Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Other than changing the toilet paper I didn't do much., but I had a very productive day. I woke up at 10am. And I actually watched Netflix and painted until my sister got home from work at 5pm, with the exception of shower and food breaks. And I know what you're thinking: Wow. What a bum. And yes. I take full responsibility for my actions. And honestly, I'll probably repeat them tomorrow. Actually. I have to take my sister to work at 7am. That means I'll get an early start on the day and have some time for my tan. After my sister got home from work today, though, we went to Panera. Man I love that place. Then we went to get canvas (because I'm painting stuff for her bathrooms) and then we went to Target, where I unecessarily bought two dresses. But they're really cute. So. I guess that makes it ok?
My favorite part of this week so far was when my sister and I were driving in the car last night singing the theme song of Weeds in funny voices. It was so wonderful.
Also. I think I'm gonna go have myself a midnight snack. My friend Kate was going to have a midnight snack tonight too :) I hope she enjoyed it. Man do I miss our chats. Kate is wonderful.
Monday, June 28, 2010
- Children are born with 300 bones but adults only have 260. Some fuse together. Weird.
- I have to take my ipod and laptop into Best Buy today. My best wish would be that they give me a new of each, because I've had so much trouble with both of them and I have warranties, so that's what I deserve right? But I'm expecting the worst, because everyone is cheap these days. Probably even the wonderful Best Buy.
- One month until I go back to Illinois!
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Friday, June 25, 2010
- Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Rogers. Millicent? What a middle name.
- Last night, Tiff and I cleaned up a grease spill for about an hour. We had more fun than most people who usually clean up grease probably do.
- I wonder what it means to other people when they say they have a date with destiny.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
- The Great Loss resulted in the loss of Mumford and Sons, whom I really love.
- I feel like I always have stuff to organize.
- I'm about to see Toy Story 3 with Calvin. Gosh I'm excited.
- About 70 percent of Chinese students who leave to study abroad don't return. Did I not say before that I'd hate to live there because of that whole not allowed to wear ponytail thing? Duh.
Monday, June 21, 2010
- Americans collectively drove 11 billion fewer miles in March 2008 than March 2007. Now that's weird. I wonder what happened? Did we drive buses? Because we sure are to lazy too be walking and biking that many miles.
- I love my friend Tiff.
- I'm going to watch an episode of True Beauty and then go to bed. And then wake up at 6:30 am. Ew.
Sunday, June 20, 2010
When the good Lord was creating fathers, He started with a tall frame. A female angel nearby said, "What kind of father is that? If you're going to make children so close to the ground, why have you put fathers up so high? He won't be able to shoot marbles without kneeling, tuck a child in bed without bending or even kiss a child without a lot of stooping. And God smiled and said, "Yes, but if I make him childsize, who would children have to look up to?"
And when God made a father's hands, they were large and sinewy. The angel shook her head sadly and said, "Large hands are clumsy. They can't manage diaper pins, small buttons, rubber bands on ponytails or even remove splinters caused by baseball bats." And God smiled and said, "I know, but they're large enough to hold everything a small boy empties from his pockets at the end of a day, yet small enough to cup a child's face."
And then God molded long, slim legs and broad shoulders. The angel nearly had a heart attack. "Boy, this is the end of the week, all right," she clucked. "Do you realize you just made a father without a lap? How is he going to pull a child close to him without the kid falling between his legs?" And God smiled and said, "A mother needs a lap. A father needs strong shoulders to pull a sled, balance a boy on a bicycle or hold a sleepy head on the way home from the circus."
God was in the middle of creating two of the largest feet anyone had ever seen when the angel could contain herself no longer. "That's not fair. Do you honestly think those large boats are going to dig out of bed early in the morning when the baby cries? Or walk through a small birthday party without crushing at least three of the guests?" And God smiled and said, "They'll work. You'll see. They'll support a small child who wants to ride a horse to Banbury Cross or scare off mice at the summer cabin or display shoes that will be a challenge to fill."
God worked throughout the night, giving the father few words but a firm, authoritive voice and eyes that saw everything but remained calm and tolerant. Finally, almost as an afterthought, He added tears. Then He turned to the angel and said, "Now, are you satisfied that he can love as much as a mother?"
The angel didn't say a word.
I love that. And I also love my dad so incredibly much. I'd be lost without him.
Also. I really like the song '4-minute Warning' by Radiohead.
And this is my cute puppy, Snickers.
Friday, June 18, 2010
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Today I woke up to a crying baby and a barking dog. Not everybody's first choice at 7 am, I'm sure. Ava sure was whiny today. But she's still precious.
- Steph and I are gonna go get popsicles.
- Most toilets flush in E-flat. Weird.
Monday, June 14, 2010
- Stephanie Dawn is driving my way as we speak. Gosh am I excited.
- My dog is sitting on my shoulder right now. Like a cute little bird.
- My friend, Andrea, had the best dream in the world the other night. We snuck into a science convention with Bibles and that's about all I can say. But I love her and miss her terribly.
- The study of stupidity is called 'monology'
- It's nap time.
Friday, June 11, 2010
Well. Since I'm thoughtless and rather boring today I may as well go pack.
- Pogonophobia is the fear of beards. Man would that be the worst. People are afraid of the weirdest things. I'm kind of afraid of mustard though. That's pretty weird.
- My friend Stephanie Dawn is coming next Monday to visit me. It will be a grand few days with her here.
- God is the best. Always.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
- China banned the pigtail in 1911 because it was seen as a symbol of fuedalism. I'm sure glad I don't live there.
- My favorite Nikweeta sent me a letter today. Gosh I can't wait til I get it. It's been forever since I've recieved a wonderful letter.
- Sliced bread was patented by a jeweler who had been working on it for 16 years. Gosh was that worth it.
- My dad just got home :)
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Friday, June 4, 2010
- The women of the Tiwi tribe in the South Pacific are married at birth. Whoa baby. Literally.
- My dog has been sleeping on my bed all day. He's precious. My puppy on the other hand is a Little Rascal and has tried to eat pretty much everything in the house besides food. But he's still precious too.
- I'm super hungry. Right now and all the time.
- Apparently I was a bit more thoughtful today than I thought.
Thursday, June 3, 2010
- I am about to Skype with Nikweeta and I'm certain it will be like topping my day with a cherry. The sweetest cherry ever.
- I'm listening to Glee Volume 3 right now. Wonderful? I'd say so.
- Lady Gaga used to be normal. What?
- A hippo can open its mouth wide enough to fit a 4 ft tall child. Now that's a thought.