Thoughts At Panera.

First, I would like to acknowledge that it's been forever and a day since I've blogged.  I'm aware that's not acceptable, but.. I'm over it.  

Secondly, I'm at Panera (St. Louis Bread Co. . . or whatever) and I am [obviously] not doing my homework. But. I am getting there. So that's a plus.
I would like to say that one of the workers here seems to have some trust issues.  First, she came up really close to my face to ask my to put my shoes back on. And no.. I don't really see the problem because my feet are clean... but.. okay; I'll listen.  But.., when she was doing her second round of cleaning, she looks at my face, and then immediately at my shoes. My goodness.  She could at least try to not make it obvious. So, my conclusion is that something in her life has caused her to not trust people my age.  That's unfortunate.  



Also.  Julie and I just had a little discussion on oldest children and youngest children and stereotypes. I must say that no one in my life has helped me acknowledge my own thinking track as much as Julie.  Anyways.  Julie's a fan of proven stereotypes.  I am not.  I don't agree with stereotypes mainly because I've never really fit them.  And also because I'm mathematically minded and I question and analyze the crap out of things.  Julie was a psych major, so when it comes to people and analyzing them, there's not much other choice than stereotypes.  Anyways.  This took a tangent into definitions of words.  Julie and I have found that we define a lot of words differently.  Example: spoiled. To me, this word has an incredibly negative connotation. To Julie, it does not.  She says that spoiled is something that is brought upon a person.  It's not a matter of fault, it's just a matter of the situation.  So.  I realized that Julie's definition of 'spoiled' is the situation at hand.  No ones faults. No ones reactions. Just the situation.  I, on the other hand, define 'spoiled' as the reaction to the situation.  I relate 'spoiled-ness' with unappreciative-ness [not real words., I know], and therefore, spoiled has a negative connotation to me.  Anyways. People define a lot of things differently.  So. Pay attention to that in life.  It's rather interesting.  

Comments

Popular Posts