You're A Snowflake.

"Someday we'll know if love can move a mountain. Someday we'll know why the sky is blue. Someday we'll know why I wasn't meant for you.  Someday we'll know why Samson loved Delilah..." But will we?  I'm not so sure we will.  I'm not so sure it's our job to figure everything out because I don't believe we can.  I think the reason people try to figure a lot of things out is because they're not content with not knowing.  And while I do believe we should search for some things, I'm not sure we're supposed to search for everything.  I think there will always be unanswered questions.  I suppose knowing the difference between what we're supposed to figure out and what we're not becomes the hard part.  But sometimes we just need to suck it up and be content in our discontentness (not a word, I know). Because eventually, it will all work itself out.  


Now, along the thought of individuality.  My youth Pastor used to say, "You're unique! Just like everybody else!"  Of course he said it to make us laugh, but I believe it's got an awful lot of truth.  I KNOW it's cliche, but seriously.  No two people are the same.  Just. like. snowflakes. So how does it make sense to try to be?  How many times have we been told this?  "Be yourself."...  "We're each a part of the body of Christ."... "If your friends jump off a bridge, does that mean you should?"  But.  We're not the best at listening.  Our own personal situations can't be defined by someone elses.  We may react to situations and feel the same way about certain things sometimes, but it's not going to be the same 100% of the time.  And when we try to cookie cut things, it can get messier.  So.  Don't try to 'be' someone else.  Sure., survey the crowd and pick an opinion you appreciate.  But don't forget your identity.  


Also, I've decided to reinstate randomness into my blog again.. as if I don't already have enough. Anyways. You know what I mean. 

  • In Japan, Kit Kat has 28 flavors. Including sushi and wasabi. Impressive., but gross. 
  • I got to watch the Voice with my Nikweeta tonight. And., it ended on Cee-lo making an awful decision., but any time with my luf is a good time. 
  • Tomorrow is the weekend. And I get to hang out with Michael and Steph on Saturday. Pumped. 

Comments

Popular Posts