Quoted.

So.. It seems I'm in the mood to read quotes today.  I think so often other people can put things into words far more beautifully than I.  So here are a few of my favorites, said best by not I. 

"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate,
but that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won’t feel insecure around you.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.
It is not just in some; it is in everyone.
And, as we let our own light shine, we consciously give
other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our fear,our presence automatically liberates others."
-Nelson Mandela

"I’ve been making a list of the things they don’t teach you at school. They don’t teach you how to love somebody. They don’t teach you how to be famous. They don’t teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don’t teach you how to walk away from someone you don’t love any longer. They don’t teach you how to know what’s going on in someone else’s mind. They don’t teach you what to say to someone who’s dying. They don’t teach you anything worth knowing."
-Neil Gaiman

"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us, or we find it not."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Listen to the MUSTNTS child, listen to the DONTS.  Listen to the SHOULDNTS, the IMPOSSIBLES, the WONTS.  Listen to the NEVER HAVES, then listen close to me - Anything can happen, child.  ANYTHING can be."
-Shel Silverstein

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves."
-Albert Einstein



Now that that's done I best get workin on my resume.  I need to stop pretending that real life isn't winding up to smack me in the face. 

Comments

Popular Posts