Waiting On A Mailman.



I've finally come to a decision after 23 years.  I like creamy peanut butter better than crunchy.  Really, it's been a conundrum for me for years.  But my final decision was swayed by the fact that crunchy peanut butter is just so difficult to spread.  There's simply not a need to put up with it. 

I've also realized that pleasant people make life a much happier place.  I mean… think about it.  I love random "Hello"s and "How are you?"s with strangers.  Funny strangers are by far the best.  Our waitress at Chili's on Sunday was by far the funniest waitress I've had.  And it's just because we talked to each other and joked about everything.  So.  I guess pleasantry goes along with feeling comfortable with people.  At least I believe so.  Being comfortable with people usually means being welcoming.  Giving them a friendly smile, thanking them for something small and actually hoping they "Have a nice day."  So yea.  Pleasant people make my life happier. 

In other news, I've been home for 3 weeks from college.  I'm actually really not minding it here.  Most of my GC besties have kept in close contact with me; so that transition has been easier.  And I made a new friend here.  Her name is Katie and we're going to run a half marathon together!  It's quite exciting if I do say so myself. 
What else happened you ask?  Well.  I got a job at Menards.  I am a cashier and I plan to smile at everybody., so that will be fun.
Also.  I sent my 5 year old crappy laptop in to get fixed, and it was broken during shipping.  Now., you must understand that my computer has devalued $800 in the past 5 years.  It was a piece of crap.  But.  They broke it.  So Best Buy gave an in store credit for the original value of the computer.  Which means I bought myself a brand new laptop for 'free'.  And I still had enough to buy an iPod classic.  So I got all that for $20., warranties included.
Now it's naming time.  Although naming inanimate options is far less amusing without my Nikweeta by my side, I still must.  So.  The iPod will probably be iTaj II.  Because iTaj the first didn't live nearly long enough, and I really did love him.  As far as the laptop… well… that may take me some time.  All I know is his initials must be P.C.  Prince Charming is a little too fancy., but I'll see if I can come up with anything good.  [Nikweeta, if you've got ideas., I'd love your help.]

Lastly but certainly not least., Fathers Day was Sunday.  I'll make this short and sweet because I could talk for hours about how I have the best dad in the world. 
Well.  I have the best dad in the world.  And there's nothing I'd rather do that go for a bike ride with that guy or beat him in cribbage.  No one listens to me as well as he does.  No one seeks to understand me as well.  No one has taught me more about how to value life and people.  If you don't know this guy, you are truly missing out.  


Comments

  1. love you megs. we should skype soon. this texting thing isn't working. i like face to face convos with you so i can see that smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleasantries are SO good. I just had some gelato with a dear friend and the woman serving gelato was so joyful--she enjoyed my utter shock and delight at the "avocado coconut" gelato.
    Also, I think you could probably come up with a theory for "creamy vs. crunchy" peanut butter. I'm a crunchy-lover myself :)
    Also, I miss your theories...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts