WalkAbout the Wilderness.

At 3am in the morning, which is pretty much tonight, I will be put on a people mover and on my way to Tennessee. Shortly after I will spend eight days in the wilderness wearing only two sweaty outfits and experiencing no showers. Thankfully I'll be able to brush my teeth., with baking soda, but at least they'll be clean. We got our group assignments this morning. My leaders are Tim and Julie and my group members are Millie, Christie, Jay, Read, and Kale. I'm excited to get to know all of them., which shouldn't be too difficult since the wilderness and trying times will force a bond unlike much other. Among this there will be two days of solo. This means 48 hours of no food and no sleeping bag. I'll get my Bible and a journal along with whatever clothes I decide to layer. I'm excited for that opportunity of complete solitude with God. It's so easy to get wrapped up in all the technology we live by these days. I use my computer and cell phone every single day. It's almost become like a breath of fresh air and it shouldn't be. Whatever happened to 'be still and know that I am God.' ? We need to remember to get back to that every once in a while and I'm excited to have that opportunity. My greatest fear is doubting myself through all of this hiking. I tend to reach a level of activity where I just give up on myself, and I think this will be a good challenge for me to learn to persevere. Updates will be in store when I am back.

On the way opposite side of wilderness, there seem to be more additions to the blog world everyday. I suppose it's the new fad that's sweeping the world, perhaps. I'm not even sure if people read this. Somedays that makes me want to stop. But I guess, if I wanted to stop I would., but there's something pretty fun about blogging.

Randoms:
  • About 25 percent of the population sneezes when they are revealed to light. I guess I'm not really allergic to the sun.
  • A dime has 118 ridges and a quarter has 119. Hmm.
  • I have to haul furniture around at 7 and then hopefully sleep until 2am. woo. hoo.

Comments

Popular Posts