If I Had A B.L.O.G.

So, way back when before I had a blog, I had an inbox with myself on facebook.  Call me a loser, I don't care, but I actually had several.  I collect good stuff in there.  Anyways, this particular inbox was called 'If I had a B.L.O.G., and it was kind of my warm up to see if I'd actually use a blog.  Obviously, test passed, because here we are.  Anyways.  Here's a little blast to the recent-ish past.  

April 19, 2010 at 11:16pm

The day is almost coming to a close. If I had a blog, I would say that this day was rather unimportant. Although, in the broad scope of things it could have been important to someone. Maybe I smiled at someone who was having a bad day, or maybe I just sat with someone at lunch who needed a friend. Or maybe it really was unimportant and just like any other. I decided not to skip class, and was rewarded by a canceled class. I picked up my island on facebook, which is a multiple occurrence during the day, and I didn't turn in my calculus, which is unfortunately becoming a regular occurrence. I also went to the coffee shop again and realized that (from a negative perspective) all I will gain from the coffee shop is stained teeth and an empty wallet. From a positive perspective, however, I would say that, from this coffee shop, I will gain social experience with my fellow friends and strangers along with productivity and the delicious taste of peppermint mocha, whether in the form of an iced latte or hot deliciousness. So, unimportant or not, this day was wonderful.

Quote of the day : "Sorry, little darlin'. I hope I didn't dent your dew" - Link Larkin
April 21, 2010 at 3:35pm

If I had a blog, I would say that I agree with Jack Johnson when he says 'There were so many fewer questions when stars were just the holes to heaven'. Not even sure if Jack Johnson makes sense all the time. Maybe he's just so smart that I can't understand what he means, but sometimes he can be quite profound.
I have a calculus test tomorrow. Calculus has been kicking my butt for. . . about a semester now so., this will be fun. And that all goes back to., if we still thought stars were holes to heaven, do you think Descartes would have cared about how to find the location of that stupid spider on his wall? I don't.

Quote of the day is from me: Life is just a cereal and Chemistry's just a class.
April 22, 2010 at 3:36pm

Today, I set out for a mile run with my ipod on shuffle as I realized it had been far too long since my last run. After several pump up songs and the mental 'You can do this Megs', it's time for the cool down. My ipod shuffles to a song by Robyn, whom I've shuffled upon before and skipped over almost immediately. But this song, was different than her others. I listen to the piano keys and right about when I decide to listen to what the lyrics had to say I hear:

"You're right
Some words are just unspoken
So right
Then it all just falls apart
The day I break your heart"

And I know these lyrics don't necessarily fit what happens in my mind next, but it set the mood for my solitude and thinking.
There is a foreign student here, and I saw him walking. I've always noticed that he's kind of a loner, and seems to keep to himself. As he's walking I see him bring a cigarette to his mouth. Normally when people smoke my first thought is that they are gross and disgusting, but when I couldn't help but to feel sad. I just thought of him being alone and not having anyone to confide in. Then I assumed that the reason he was walking away from campus with a cigarette in hand was his outlet for whatever was going on with him at the time. Maybe he has no one to talk with or maybe he feels like no one cares that he's here. And I just can't imagine how that would feel. I don't know why I don't really reach out to people like that, I suppose that's something that I should work on, but for now it makes me really thankful for everyone who loves me.
The song goes on like this:

"I caught my reflection
in the corner of your eye
You said "Don't even ask the question,
and I won't tell the lie"
Where there's no accusation
there's no need for denial
And if you hadn't heard that whisper
there'd be no tear to
wipe from your eye

You're right
Some words are best unspoken
So right
Then it all just falls apart

The day I break your heart"

I just really like those lyrics. "Don't even ask the question and I won't tell the lie." Good stuff.
April 29, 2010 at 10:37pm

If I had a blog I would say that I am obviously not the best at keeping a daily record. I would also say that I have watched maybe 4 episodes of Bones today and have not started my calculus with an hour and a half until my bedtime. (I'm still watching Bones and Calc takes a minimum of 3 hours) But. tomorrow is Friday.
Next I would say that if you were reading this, you'd know who you are and I want to say:

I found that dime in the zipper of my grey jacket.
The one that you said I should keep there.
And you'd check every time I wore it to see if it was still there.
Then you'd say "Good." with a really cute smile on your face.
I miss you and I think you made a mistake.
Deep down I know that I'm still wishing you'd tell me that you were falling in love with me and you got scared.
I wish that you would tell me that you've missed me.
That you've missed holding me and calling me beautiful.
That you've missed the way I'd laugh or the way that I look at you.
I wish that you'd tell me you've missed our sweet tea runs
And I wish that you would tell me that you haven't quite been you since I've been gone.
But I know that's not going to happen.
So.
I guess I'll continue to pretend that I ignore you when you're sitting in front of me.
Maybe if I do that long enough I'll stop missing you.
Hopefully someday soon the hurt will go away and I can move on.
Maybe someday I'll look at you and not be phased by the way that you used to care and then suddenly turned to be less than amused.
But you should know that I still care.
Even though I wish that I wouldn't.
I want you to get out of my head so I can smile like the way I did before I knew you.
Not that I'm not happy.
I'm fine and independent.
But that doesn't mean I don't miss you.
And that doesn't mean that I thought you weren't perfect.
For the time being.

And that is all I have for today.
May 8, 2010 at 10:03pm

If I had a blog today., I would say that a Christmas song at the beginning of May might not be such a bad thing. I would also say that I discovered Ron Pope today., and he is a pretty good singer, with pretty neat lyrics.

A drop in the ocean, a change in the weather
I was praying that you and me might end up together.
It's like I'm wishing for rain as I stand in the dessert
But i'm holding you closer than most
Cuz you are my heaven. ...
...
Heaven doesn't seem far away anymore. Heaven doesn't seem far away.

Shoot. He's good. I can't wait to have someone feel that way about me. Anyways. Back to reality.
I was productive today.
I studied 2 sections in calc, watched half an episode of Biggest Loser, 2 episodes of Survivor, and 2 episodes of Amazing Race. And bound a journal. I'm watching the third episode of Amazing Race right now. The lesbians are fighting. Hmm. Maybe that's why man and woman go together so well. Who woulda thought? God's a genius.
Speaking of the Amazing Race, my dad and I have talked about going on that show forever. And I texted him today to tell him I was watching it and thinking about him and I mentioned that the show could use a father-daughter team. He said "I think about the every time I watch that show" So basically, my dad is the cutest.
And my laundry is done. If I don't fold it quick., it will wrinkle .

Random fact: I have 4 toothbrushes that I currently use.



That's all. 

Comments

Popular Posts